For Family Child Care Providers
WORKSHOP SERIES OVERVIEW
- OCT 16: ACES, Hope, & Resilience (REMOTE)
- FEB 5: Strengthening Families Framework & Protective Factors (REMOTE)
- MAR 19: Trauma-Informed Care PART 1 (In-Person with Lunch)
- APRIL 23: Enhancing Caregiver Resiliency PART 2 (In-Person with Lunch)
Individual Coaching Opportunity
- Four Providers Selected in February– 2 English-speaking; 2 Spanish-speaking
- One-on-One Coaching in Implementing Trauma-Informed Goals within your business
- Up to 5; 60-minute Tele-Visits or In-Person Visits (as needed) – Feb-May
- Share your successes with other providers at final workshop
FREE WORKSHOP SERIES FOR FAMILY CHILDCARE PROVIDERS
FROM ZIP CODES 92113, 92114, & 92102
Earn Certificates – Win Prizes
FOUR SATURDAYS Providers must attend all four
9:00 AM – 12:30 PM IN ENGLISH; 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM IN SPANISH
OCT 16 & FEB 5 (remote) ZOOM LINK PROVIDED UPON REGISTRATION
MAR 19 & APR 23 (in-person) AT THE MALCOLM X LIBRARY
REGISTRATION LINK: Registration for Workshops in English
QUESTIONS – EMAIL: ADMIN@DEEPSD.ORG
ALL WORKSHOPS FOCUS ON TRAUMA-INFORMED CARE PRESENTED BY THE YMCA CHILDCARE RESOURCE SERVICE
OCT 16: ACES, Hope, & Resilience- This training provides an overview of different types of stress, trauma and potential impact, while exploring concepts of resilience, hope, and protective supports.
FEB 5: Strengthening Families Framework & Protective Factors -This training focuses on applying a framework that helps child welfare systems, early education and other community programs work with parents to build the protective factors, which are strengths and resources that families can draw on when life gets difficult.
MAR 19: Trauma-Informed Care (PART 1) – This training focuses on the various types of trauma, adverse childhood experiences and the impact of trauma on the brain and children’s behavior as well as key strategies to support children and minimize the adverse effects of trauma. Training is offered in 2 parts. Must complete both parts to receive certificate.
APRIL 23: Enhancing Caregiver Resiliency (PART 2) This 2 Part training assist providers in fostering a greater understanding of Trauma-Informed care and gain the knowledge necessary to combat burnout, vicarious trauma, and compassion fatigue.